Wednesday 3 May 2017

10 Useless Matters - By Ibn Al- Qiyyam

Salam alykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakathu 

I was reading a book today and it thought it was a beautiful reminder for myself and others. So, I thought to share it with you. I won't be making any additions to the content because I fear that I might pass the message across in a way it wasn't intended to be passed. I did paraphrase the content though. 


So Today in sha Allah I will be sharing ten useless matters by Ibn Al-Qiyyam (may Allah have mercy on him) from his book Al- Fawaid. I have only scanned and read through some pages of the book and I thought it seems like a great and amazing book to read to gain knowledge and understanding. You know, whoever is given knowledge has been blessed with goodness. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon him) said, "Allah makes the way to Jannah easy for him who treads the path in search of knowledge."[Muslim]
Mind you, having knowledge doesn't just mean to know but to act upon it as well.
I will leave the link to this awesome book HERE. So lets gets started!

Ten Useless matters by Ibn Al- Qayyim:
  1. Knowledge that is not acted upon
  2. Deed that is done without sincerity neither is it done to follow the righteous examples of others
  3. Money that is stocked up (hoarded) - because it neither benefits the owner in the life nor the hereafter
  4. An empty heart which neither longs for Allah nor loves Him and does not want to get closer to Him
  5. A body that does not obey and serve Allah
  6. Loving Allah without seeking His pleasure or obeying Him
  7. Time that is not spent expiating sins or doing good deed
  8. A mind that thinks about useless things
  9. Serving those who will not bring one closer to Allah or bring about worldly benefit
  10.  Hoping and fearing one who is under authority when he (the one who is feared) has no authority to bring about good or harm to himself.
Source: Al-FAWAID by Ibn AL- Qiyyam - Chapter 10 (p. 179-180)

No comments:

Post a Comment